Exercise is one of the best ways to take care of your health and your physical appearance. Exercise also allows you to clear your mind, free yourself from stress, improve your self-esteem and helps you prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Currently there are several studies that show that physical activity between 25 and 45 years increases the brain chemicals that prevent the degeneration of the neurons of the hippocampus, also argue that when a person is exercised regularly, secrete endorphins, neurotransmitters responsible for causing happiness and pain relief. That’s why physical activity makes you feel animated and energetic.
Exercise is a practice that only provides well-being, and there are so many ways to exercise that there is surely one that you will like, can be the practice of a sport such as football or swimming, zumba classes, routines in a gym or, why not, exercise at home.Exercise routines at home have great advantages, especially for people who do not have much free time, as they allow them to save the time and money they would invest if they decided to go to a gym; moreover, they can carry out a training routine adapted to their needs. If you are one of these people, in this article I propose a series of exercises that you can do from the comfort of your home. All you have to do is dedicate 30 minutes a day to it and you’ll start noticing surprising results in a couple of weeks. Let’s get moving!
Exercises for the arms
- Triceps: this exercise is extremely easy to do and you can use a dumbbell; if you don’t have one, you can use a bottle of water. What you should do is raise your arms so that your elbows are above your head, hold the dumbbell or the bottle with water with both hands and bend backwards so that the weight is between your shoulders. Stretch your arms up and repeat 15 times.
- Circles: this exercise is ideal for strengthening the biceps and deltoids, and to do it you just have to stand firm, contract the abdomen, extend your arms to both sides, stretch your fingers and move your arms quickly forming small circles forward in the air. Hold that movement for one minute and then change and make circles backwards.
Exercises for the abdomen
- Flat iron: this is one of the best exercises, as it strengthens the abdominals, buttocks, legs, back and chest. To do this, you must lie face down and support the weight of your body on the forearms and tip of the feet, keeping the body in tension separated from the ground, in an isometric contraction. Do five repetitions of one minute each, that’s equivalent to 100 abdominals.
- Reverse crunch: this exercise is perfect for working on the lower abdomen; to do it, you must lie on your back, keep your arms outstretched next to your sides, join your legs and lift them until they form a 90-degree angle with the trunk. You should hold that position for two minutes, rest a minute and repeat three times.
- Climbing: this is an abdominal resistance exercise that consists of putting your hands on the floor, with your arms outstretched and your body in a horizontal position, then you must bend one leg and bring the knee to the chest. Do ten repetitions, rest a minute and continue with the other leg.
- Scissors: this exercise is perfect if you are looking to exercise the frontal, oblique abdominals, the abductors, the quadriceps and the buttocks. To do the scissors, you must first lie on your back, keep your legs straight and suspended in the air 20 centimetres from the floor, and by squeezing your abdomen, you must move your legs horizontally to make the effect of a scissors that opens and closes.
Exercises for legs and buttocks
- Squats: this is one of the exercises in which you can feel the quadriceps activated all the time. You must perform constant up-down movements keeping your legs apart and your back straight. This exercise requires a lot of resistance, so if you’re not used to it you can start with five squats a day and increase the amount as you get fitter.
- Squats “pistol”: are a good way to exercise both the abdomen and legs, although it is an exercise in which tiredness takes hold of the body faster than in others. These squats consist of standing up, leaning a bit so that the body looks like it’s going to sit, and halfway, holding the weight and stretching a leg and arms. You must hold that position for three minutes, rest one minute, change legs and repeat five times.
If you feel that this exercise routine at home is very difficult for you because you lack endurance, you can accompany it with a natural supplement that gives you energy. A product that I recommend you for being 100% organic is the beet-based Reïva supplement.
Beetroot is a vegetable rich in nitrates, substances responsible for increasing endurance levels in the body, reducing fatigue, promoting muscle recovery during physical activity and significantly reducing oxygen consumption. These benefits and more are taken advantage of in the supplements that Reïva distributes.
If you would like to know more about the products that Reïva makes available to you, go to reiva.ca/en and choose the supplement that’s right for you.
Fill yourself with energy and stay healthy with the help of Reïva.